30.8.06

FOOTBALL

Hey Aom,
I'm a little slow in getting back to you - I hope I'm not too late.

Football (English not American) was a game played across towns and villages. Each team would kick, throw or hide the ball in an effort to transport it to the 'goal' the teams were often uneven and games were sometimes violent ' fouls we've never given. The games lacked rules or organisation.

From your text the bit in blue is written in Latin, rather unfair of your teachers I think(!). I've never studied Latin. However due to the previous comment "muscular Christianity"; the use of "and"; plus "resulted in rules". I can assume that the bit in blue supports the need for rules and I think suggests that men need rules in their life, this would tie in with religions purposes too.

I hope that's helpful. Any problems e-mail me at work or phone,
ed

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home